Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Changes in Cindy

I thought a lot about Cindy last night.  It is interesting creating characters because they become very real to you.  You see and hear things that remind you of them.  I attended a documentary last night called 56 and up. It followed a handful of men and women, starting from when they were seven years old until the time they turned 56, catching up with them every 7 years.  These children, basically, grow up right before your eyes.  It was neat because you were able  to hear how their expectations for life differed from when they were children to when they were in retirement.  The documentary began filming in 1964.  As I watched some of the young girls talk about growing up and becoming wives and mothers, I thought of Cindy. One important element of my series is the way social roles changed in society. In 1960, the roles of women were in the home, then that gradually changed.  I thought on that for awhile.  How different will Cindy be from freshman year in 1960 to senior year in 1964?

No comments:

Post a Comment